Monday, June 15, 2015

Black and White


 Catching light 142
Welcome to Catching light meme.
 Create images with light or lack of light. I say light as it don´t have to be sunlight. The topic can, of course, be interpreted in many ways.  Most important have fun.

I´d like this to be a living meme. Not only another linky list. So far this is a small meme, surely you have the time to comment on others. Thank you for participating.

click to enlarge

Black and White
© NF Photo 150604, Boda Kvarn

This day the sun shone nicely on the white cows. I have taken shots of them before and I like how the light enhances the ears of them. The bright halo of hair on the ears edges and the red tone in the ear that comes from blood vessels. This day they had company of a black cow standing in the shadows. I wanted to see what she looked like in back light. Finally she came out but it was impossible. No effect in the ears, just a black feature silhouette standing there. I did not even take a shot.

When the black one started to graze she got some buttercups in front of her. Wow, there was the shot!
Conclusion for today. The different colors made me take two completely different shots of the cows. The white one was great in back light but was not enhanced by the buttercups at all. For the black cow it was the other way around. No back light but together with buttercups it made wonders. As images, not portraits, that is!

Looking at the image of the black cow I realize it can do as a macro shot so I´m linking up with
Macro Monday

 Comment form for visitors outside BLOGGER
Note! If your blog ONLY allow GOOGLE+ responses I can´t comment to your entry. I will give you a comment to your entry at your comment here on my blog.

You shall ad the link to your post in the linkylist. Not the URL to your blog or GOOGLE+, It´s a courtesy to you visitors, they find your post immediately. You shall have a backlink, and please, don´t advertise your own meme without having an image to share that corresponds to my meme.
Regler finns i sidlisten. - For rules see the sidebar.
- -- 
Labels:   , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 comments:

  1. Love these images! Especially the pic of the black cow against the green backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flotte bilder av flotte kyr.
    Ha en fin dag.
    Mormor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! A black cow in back light - which an impossible task, I would say!
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how things flash through your brain before you realize it. I looked at your post and before I had read your comments, my brain said "Black, White and Yellow" . You are so right that the buttercups on the black cow are so distinctive that they define the picture. I also love the light shining through the ears of the white cow. I get that effect on my cats often because they love to lay in the sun. Such a beautiful and fun post, Monica ... There is something very happy about it :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very delightful post. Cows in a meadow with buttercups have a way of doing that.
    http://www.su-sieeemac.com/2015/06/from-inside-mamas-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful animals. I love the light through their hair, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you like what you see.